ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Spring Creek Group of Companies offers third-party (3PL), truckload (TL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) cargo shipping solutions through Spring Creek Carriers Inc. and Spring Creek Logistics Inc.
Spring Creek Carriers Inc. is a vibrant, growing, international asset-based logistics company. We have specialized in TL and LTL over-the-road transportation solutions throughout Canada and the U.S. since 1995. We have a strong and dedicated customer base. Our clients know we provide safe and cost-effective transportation solutions.
Spring Creek Logistics Inc. is our non-asset-based branch which manages freight brokering services with personalized attention for our clients.
The Spring Creek Group of Companies is accepting applications for the following careers in transportation and logistics:
OFFICE MANAGER / FINANCE CONTROLLER
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Ensure timely and complete financial reporting requirements for company operations
- Oversee and ensure that all A/P are paid and A/R are collected in a timely manner
- Calculate and manage payroll
- Manage the production of monthly and annual operating and capital budgets and forecasts
- Provide financial analyses as needed (ie: capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations)
- Coordinate with Directors to develop financial strategies and plans
- Prepare year-end documents
- Supervise, monitor staff
- Knowledge of government requirements including tax requests and follow-up
- Some ad-hoc project work
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- CMA certification, or combination of accounting certification and management experience
- MINIMUM 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- MINIMUM 5 years’ experience/knowledge/working understanding of payroll, benefits and related functions
- Excellent to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & experiencing processing payroll online.
- Familiarity with the trucking industry a definite asset
Submit covering letter and resume/C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“careers in transportation and logistics” in your email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Spring Creek. Only those who meet our minimum qualifications will be considered for an interview.